Minx Nails are the latest trend in celebrity nails and Toledo, Ohio’s A Refinement Salon is one of Toledo’s premier Minx nail applicators. A flexible polymer that is heated then applied to nails, like a sticker, they are a mess free, green alternative to nail polish and fake tips. Minx has been popping up at red carpet events, in music videos and on the runways. Celebrity manicurists love Minx for their fashion forward designs and ease of use.
Forget trying to get that perfect mirror finish with a chrome/metallic nail polish. It’s NEVER going to happen. Well never say never but you know what I mean. Minx Silver and Golden Lightening is the only way to get a true chrome look on nails without going the fake/press on route.
For the nail art lover or fashionista, designer Minx is the way to go. With over 100 different patterns to choose from, there is a Minx for every occasion but for a very specific look, Minx can create custom designs. You can even have your favorite photos turned into a Minx nail coating. For example, during the election, celebrity manicurist Lisa Logan requested custom Obama Minx; one set with his last name and one with his face.
How is Minx applied?
First, a basic manicure is performed before application and the nail plate must be cleaned of all oils and residue. The coatings are heated under a lamp or hair dryer to make them flexible and warm the adhesive. The tech then lines up the rounded edge with the cuticle and, while lightly dragging, presses the coating onto the nail. Usually a hair dryer is use, after applying, to help the coatings seal onto my nails, like shrink wrap, before using the Minx glass nail file to remove the excess.
Why are people going to Minx?
- Easy to apply – There’s no mess, no wait time, no accidental smudging or sheet marks
- Looks you can’t achieve with polish – True chrome, intricate patterns, your dog (if that’s your thing)
- Perfect for pedicures – They last forever on toes. With no drying time they’re ideal for winter pedis. You’d never have to leave the salon in flip flops with frozen toes.
- A “green” product that doesn’t use chemicals for application or removal. Just a little heat and some gentle peeling takes Minx right off.
Minx Nail Price Sheet:
Note: Do to different lifestyles of people, Minx are not guaranteed. Minx are charged and replaced per toe. No exceptions.
- Minx: $10.00 per big toe, $5.00 per each other toe
- Minx designs full set: $35.00 (separate from balance)
- Minx on toes designs full set: $35.00 (separate from pedicure)
- Minx on natural nails: $35.00